Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Christmas ?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Crystallyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2003
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi. Well, after about seven months of talking to someone, I just now learn that she doesn't celebrate Christmas. How did I miss this little bit of info? [img]redface.gif[/img]

    ::shakes head at self::

    Anyway, that led to me wondering about a lot of people I know, and that also leads me here....

    Who here celebrates Christmas? If not, do you have a major holiday in December?

    ~Crystal
    (just curious this time, now that finals are over, for me anyway XD)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jackrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2003
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm Hungarian and we live in Sweden, and yes, my family does celebrate Christmas.
    But pesonally I think that i.e. my Mom takes it very seriously, when she was smaller it was always "Baby Jesus" who came with presents. She's big on advocating love, peace and harmony, and gets soppy on Christmas Eve. My Dad doesn't say it out loud, but I know he feels the same way ^.^.

    I just wish that the whole commercial aspect could be lifted out more. I mean, its not like its going to stop soon, right? It's too big a business. But why can't we admit it, why must it be so shameful that we like lots of presents, lots of good food, and having a heck of a time?

    Those pagans were on to something, when in the beginning they burnt the Christmas tree. Think what an ice-breaker that could be at Christmas parties.

    Yes...I do like Christmas for the giving and the taking of presents, I like the candy, and I don't feel much about Jesus Christ. It feels kind of fake, celebrating something that Christians converted from an old Germanic pagan sun ritual.

    Oh well, bring on the gifts! ^.^

  3. #3
    Inactive Member aramaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2003
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't celebrate christmas,actually ^^;; but I'm going with the flow and organising a christmas party in my house this year xDDD christmas is a fun holiday^^

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Kaori's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2003
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I celebrate Christmas, but there have been years where we didn't decorate and we didn't have a Christmas Tree, [img]frown.gif[/img] My dad can be a bit of a Grinch.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Jackrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2003
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ohhhhhh no... there are already too many morons that burn down their houses trying to use a deep fryer on their turkeys at Thanksgiving (in the US). Can you imagine the number of people who'd burn down their entire neighborhoods with a flaming Christmas tree?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Point taken and duly noted. Also, my sympathies for the fire at your apartement >.< I can understand why you would be more careful than the average person.
    But then again, 'thems pagans probably did it in the wide outdoors, with lots of luffly snow around them. Makes for a different scenarion...
    Let's just stick to electric lights, shall we?It's not like people don't manage to burn down places with just electric lights... *sighs*

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jackrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2003
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Duh...hateful grammar mistakes.... *goes grade school teacher and kicks the shit out of her own laziness for not being able to spell attentively*

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Kaori's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2003
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just Started reading this manga called Zettai Kareshi, any one heard of it. it seems interesting enough..I wonder if it's gunna be any good. I like it so far anyways. you know it's funny, because I hardly find posts in here that are about manga. oh well.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I celebrate Christmas...as a matter of fact I actually managed to finish 95% of my shopping today...my only day off from work this week...

    -_-;;;;;;

    Now on to the wrapping!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member aikasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2003
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i also celebrate christmas, it's my favourite time of the year!! i like it very much for this reasons:
    1-it's cold
    2-almost everyone has more money to spend than in anytime of the year.
    3-yes i must admit that i like having a rotting body of a tree in my living room
    4-vacations
    5-presents
    6-turkey!!(^^)
    and the thing that everybody is happier and so much more optimistic in this time of the year(maybe it's more for the new year/christmas thing than for the birth of jesus christ...but what the hell!!, no offense to anybody here)

  10. #10
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    we do celebrate Christmas, more much more like the "party of the year" and everything. We got a huge tree glowing up all our house from the living room, but I'm not that much into presents.

    I'm very gruchy, so I don't do it for presents, but for poeple who I know they'll like it I buy a few, but I genraly tell them not to give me anything; I got mostly evertyhing I'd need (well, that and anywya my family wouldn't consent to give me yaoi manga v.v ) so for me it's not that comercial a thing, and I like it.

    I say poeple are happy because Christmas is mostly symbolique now.. when you refers to "half a year" in school or work, you know it ends with big party at X-mas, when you say you'll change, you say "give me until christmas" and all and all. You don't do such a holiday at the beginning of summer. Plus, it's generaly cold outised si you're happy to come home to lights and talk with poeple and all ^^ at least I realy like it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •